Tuesday 12 February 2013

John Greed Jewellery's Valentine’s Day Blogger Challenge - I would pick you anyday...

Hi guys!
 
I noticed that John Greed Jewellery was running a competition, requesting bloggers to draw up their Valentine's Day wish lists and I got very carried away - I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to receive a nice bit of jewellery to open on Valentine's Day (or any other day for that matter!).
 
The challenge is to create a mood board of pieces from the John Greed website, using at least 4 different pieces totalling no more than £250. The best part is that the winner, which will be announced on the 14th, will actually win all of the items they include in their post. Wowwww.
 
 
I created a romantic and elegant look using pieces which compliment each other, without being over powering. I would team this look with a simple LBD and heels, to really let them shine through.
 
I wanted to centre the look around a classic pearl necklace and I chose the Talia Classic Large White Silver Pearl Necklace, priced at £99, made with hand selected freshwater pearls. This is just so simple and gorgeous and brings to mind classic beauties such as Grace Kelly - I think every girl should own a pearl necklace!
 
I love the simplicity of the Virtue London 9ct Gold Buttercup Stacking Ring (£80). I chose this because one of the only pieces of jewellery I wear every single day is a small gold band, studded with three small diamonds. Therefore, this is extremely in-keeping with my personal style, and I can imagine how lovely this would look teamed with my existing ring.
 
To continue with the flower theme, I chose this beautiful Pilgrim Marguerite Gold Plated White Leather Wrap Bracelet. I think it compliments the ring and necklace perfectly, incorporating elements of both into the one bracelet. I am astonished that this hand-crafted beauty is only £29.99! This would be perfect for spring and adds a touch of girly glamour to any outfit.
 
Finally, I settled on these Martine Wester Gold Plated Pearl and Cubic Zirconia Bow Drop Earrings, which are priced at £21. They are just so cute! To showcase these to perfection, I would wear my hair in a high ponytail or bun.
 
What do you think of my picks? What would you choose from the John Greed Jewellery website? If you have also entered, please feel free to leave your links below as I would love to see what others have chosen.
 
xxx
 
P.S. Find details on the challenge and how to enter here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comments, I love reading them! I also reply to each one, so do check back. If you have a question, feel free to leave your twitter handle so I can tweet you the answer! If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me via GFC, Bloglovin or Hello Cotton - whichever takes your fancy :) x