Sunday, 10 February 2013

French Pharmacy Haul!

Hey loveys!
 
As you may know, I am living in France at the moment and although I was obviously aware of all the great French makeup and skincare brands, this article on the Vogue website prompted me to try some new products I hadn't tried before!
 
So I headed into town on Friday and went to one of the 5million pharmacies (France has a slight obsession - they are on every street corner!) and got myself a few goodies:
 
l - r: Caudalie Soin des Levres (lip balm), Caudalie Crème Gourmande Mains et Ongles (hand and nail cream), Le Petit Marseillais après-shampooing (conditioner) and La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 (moisturiser).
 
The two Caudalie products were 4,90e (bargain!), the conditioner was around 5e for two and the La Roche-Posay moisturiser was 9e.
 
I'm really excited to try all of these - the cold winter weather and central heating has made my skin soooooo dry and I'm anticipating the moisturiser will work wonders on my face! The Le Petit Marseillais brand isn't mentioned in the Vogue article but it's such a French staple that I had to get it - and it smells gorgeous, I love the scent of jasmine.
 
Have you ever tried any of these products? What are your favourite French brands? I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment!
 
xxx
 
All products are widely available in France. In the UK, Caudalie is available at Space NK and La Roche-Posay in Boots.


6 comments:

  1. You should try Bioderma and the Caudalie beauty elixir :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a few Bioderma bits in the past, any specific recommendations? I'll look out for the beauty elixir, thanks! xxx

      Delete
  2. La Roche-Posay is a great brand, but my favourite is Avène.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything by Avene, will have to give them a go, thanks for the rec! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi!!!
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ...maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too,
    and if you like it, follow me back!
    http://modacapital-blog.com
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comments, I love reading them! I also reply to each one, so do check back. If you have a question, feel free to leave your twitter handle so I can tweet you the answer! If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me via GFC, Bloglovin or Hello Cotton - whichever takes your fancy :) x