Wednesday 30 January 2013

Archive: NOTD - Essie 'Don't Sweater It'

As you know, I've just moved my blog over to Blogger (haha) so I thought I would post a little archive article - this is possibly my most viewed post! Also, I wear this nail varnish alllll the time so it's still current!
 
 
 
Having bitten my nails for years, I think I have finally stopped ( I have been bite-free for over a month and a half) and my nails are finally at a length where I can paint them! So, I'm pretty behind the times but Essie in 'Don't Sweater It' is the first Essie nail polish I own.
I absolutely love it - the fomula, the colour, the brush, everything! Obviously I'm a nail painting novice and I think I managed to do a pretty neat job ( yes?) because the brush was just the right size for my nails. I applied three coats but this is only because after having done two I did the dishes so I wanted to freshen my nails up a bit before I look the pictures - I think a base coat and two coats of Essie would suffice otherwise. The colour is a mauvy, mushroomy, grey which for me is the perfect neutral autumnal colour for the nails. I think 'Don't Sweater It' looks great paired with jewel colours such as deep purple and emerald green ( I wore a purple jumper today and I thought it looked so lovely with my nails!).
 
I will definitely be buying Essie polishes again - I already have my eye on 'Head Mistress' and 'Recessionista' from the same Fall 2012 collection. Essie nail polishes are available at www.essie.com priced at £8.50 and from Superdrug for £7.99 (after a quick look on the website, I don't think they have the Fall collection though). Also, Feel Unique sell the Fall Collection however they only have the shade 'Little Brown Dress' in stock.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comments, I love reading them! I also reply to each one, so do check back. If you have a question, feel free to leave your twitter handle so I can tweet you the answer! If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me via GFC, Bloglovin or Hello Cotton - whichever takes your fancy :) x